Fire resistant foam insulation contains fire retardant, and some are specifically formulated for fire resistant use. If you need a fire resistant foam for insulation, be sure to choose one specifically marketed as such. These products possess a higher degree of fire resistance than standard foam insulation.
Fire Resistant Applications include :
– fire resistant installation of window and door frames
– fire and smoke resistant sealing of connections between walls, ceilings and floors
– sealing of all openings in roof constructions
– sealing of cable and pipe penetrations in walls
– improving thermal insulation in heating and cooling systems
There are several manufacturers of expanding foam insulation who offer various products for the do-it-yourself handyman and small contractor. You might have a small insulation job that does not require the services of a large insulation installer.
There are different products for different purposes. It is important to find the matching product for your job. These products generally come in handy-sized packs or cans and are easy to use.