There are several manufacturers of expanding foam insulation who offer various products for the do-it-yourself handyman and small contractor. You might have a small insulation job that does not require the services of a large insulation installer.
There are different products for different purposes. It is important to find the matching product for your job. These products generally come in handy-sized packs or cans and are easy to use.
Here is a list of typical special purpose expanding foam insulation products. Check the labeling to determine if the product is designed for interior or exterior use, toxicity to animals and plants, cleanup, and storage.
Fire resistant foam insulation contains fire retardant, and some are specifically formulated for fire resistant use. If you need a fire resistant foam for insulation, be sure to choose one specifically marketed as such. These products possess a higher degree of fire resistance than standard foam insulation.
Fire Resistant Applications include :
– fire resistant installation of window and door frames
– fire and smoke resistant sealing of connections between walls, ceilings and floors
– sealing of all openings in roof constructions
– sealing of cable and pipe penetrations in walls
– improving thermal insulation in heating and cooling systems