Fire resistant foam insulation contains fire retardant, and some are specifically formulated for fire resistant use. If you need a fire resistant foam for insulation, be sure to choose one specifically marketed as such. These products possess a higher degree of fire resistance than standard foam insulation.
Fire Resistant Applications include :
– fire resistant installation of window and door frames
– fire and smoke resistant sealing of connections between walls, ceilings and floors
– sealing of all openings in roof constructions
– sealing of cable and pipe penetrations in walls
– improving thermal insulation in heating and cooling systems